BEAUTIFUL PERSONAL “TANGO DANCERS” YERBA MATE SET / GREAT PRICE!
- “VERDEADA” Organic Unsmoked Yerba Mate Bag – 0.55″ Lbs – Delicious! Beautiful Burlap Bag
- Awesome Hancrafted Yerba Mate Gourd – Small Personal Size (Between size 1 & size 2) See sizes here
- Demountable Hexagon End Stainless Steel Bombilla
- Handcrafted Bamboo Bombilla
- 2 FREE Cloth Filters – Great additional tool for superior filtering – See how cloth filters work here
Tango is a partner dance and social dance that originated in the 1880s along the Río de la Plata, the natural border between Argentina and Uruguay. The tango was born in the impoverished port areas of these countries as the result of a combination of Rioplatense Candombe celebrations, Spanish-Cuban Habanera, and Argentine Milonga. The tango was frequently practiced in the brothels and bars of ports, where business owners employed bands to entertain their patrons with music. The tango then spread to the rest of the world. Many variations of this dance currently exist around the world.
On August 31, 2009, UNESCO approved a joint proposal by Argentina and Uruguay to include the tango in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists.
Photo Credit: David Sanger
GOURD´S CAPACITY : Will hold aprox 1 / 1.5 oz of dried loose Yerba. Remember each gourd is unique therefore these measures may slightly change.
BOMBILLA´S LENGTH : 6.3″ inches / 16 cm
Each mate gourd / cup should be filled with Yerba a little over 2/3 of its capacity. Remember to leave a slight slope and insert the bombilla at the bottom of the slope. Once the bombilla is in place, you are ready to carefully pour the water (remember not to let your water boil) for each serving. The measure showing above in bold is based on this suggestion.