BEAUTIFUL PERSONAL YERBA MATE SET / GREAT PRICE!
- “JESPER DESPALADA” (without stems – sin palo) Organic Unsmoked Yerba Mate Bag – 1.10″ Lbs – Delicious!
- Awesome Hancrafted Yerba Mate Gourd – Inspired on a traditional Buenos Aires neighbourhood : La Boca, Caminito. Small Personal Size (Between size 1 & size 2) See sizes here
- Demountable Hexagon End Stainless Steel Bombilla
- Handcrafted Bamboo Bombilla
- 2 FREE Cloth Filters – Great additional tool for superior filtering – See how cloth filters work here
“Caminito” is the name of most famous street in La Boca, one of the oldest traditional neighbourhoods in Buenos Aires. The place acquired cultural significance because it inspired the music for the famous tango “Caminito”, composed by Juan de Dios Filiberto. The artwork in the mate gourd is inspired on the “Conventillos”, wooden and zinc colorful precarious popular houses in the neighborhood since the late 19th century.
“Caminito” and the neighborhood La Boca in general used to be a center of residence for Genoese immigrants.
From there, thanks to the fusion of different cultures, one of the most important musical styles of the country emerged: Tango.
GOURD´S CAPACITY : Will hold aprox 1 / 1.5 oz of dried loose Yerba. Remember each gourd is unique therefore these measures may slightly change.
You can also have an idea of size of the gourd if you compare it with the 1.10″ yerba mate bag shown in the pictures. A typical 1.10″ yerba bag is aprox 100 mm x 70 mm x 170 mm (length x depth x height), a little bit smaller than a standard brick.
BOMBILLA´S LENGTH : 6.3″ inches / 16 cm
Each mate gourd / cup should be filled with Yerba a little over 2/3 of its capacity. Remember to leave a slight slope and insert the bombilla at the bottom of the slope. Once the bombilla is in place, you are ready to carefully pour the water (remember not to let your water boil) for each serving. The measure showing above in bold is based on this suggestion.